There are many good IDE’s out there, but Eclipse is good for beginning JAVA. I started learning JAVA through Eclipse. So you should go and download it.
- First, go to the Eclipse downloads page on its website and download the following file
Unpack It and Install It
- Install the program and choose the directory in which you want your files to be saved in. Then open the application.
Start the Project
- Go to File > New > Java Project
2. Name Your Project
3. Go to File > New > Class
- First, click “Browse.” Search through the folders until you come across the folder that shares the same name as your project. If the Source Folder was automatically named after your project, then you don’t have to go through the “Browse.” Then, click “Finish.”
- This is what your screen should look like.
Good job! You set up your Eclipse project and you are ready for programming!